Merger with two or more corporate trustees
ChecklistIn accordance with Section 43 of Directive No. 13R4, Trustee Licensing, such a change requires the prior approval of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy. A written request for such approval must be submitted to the Licensing Section of OSB.
- Pre-approval of new corporate trustee name
- Current names of corporate trustee licences:
- Proposed name:
- which is (reference is made to Section 17 of the Directive):
- the name of one or more individual trustees
- a name derived from the name of an accounting firm
- a combination of a) and b)
- the name of the monitor appointed under CCAA between September 30, 1997 and September 17, 2009.
- Requested by:
- telephone/fax numbers:
- Once the name has been pre-approved
Please provide the following information/documentation to the Licensing Section (reference is made to Sections 20-24 and 26 of the Directive):
- The original or a certified true copy of the certificate of amalgamation.
- The address of the head office and of every other office or place of business from which the corporate trustee intends to provide bankruptcy services.
- The name, residential address and occupation of each shareholder and each person having a direct or indirect proprietary interest in the corporation (including beneficial owner, where applicable).
- The number of shares (or proportion of total shares) and the classes of shares held by each shareholder in the corporation.
- A list indicating every trustee who is simultaneously a shareholder (or financial backer) of this corporation and of any another corporate trustee and all relevant details (i.e. names of those corporate trustees, and the district(s) in which they operate).
- The name, residential address and occupation of each director and of each officer of the corporation.
- The name and business address of every licensed trustee who will practice in an office or place of business of the corporate trustee.
- Evidence of insurance coverage (professional liability insurance and employee dishonesty (fidelity) insurance).
- A cheque for $300 made out to the order of the Receiver General of Canada.
- Date modified: