Before you start, you should know the following:
- There is no charge to use and view the Unclaimed Funds Database. There is, however, a $30 fee required for each unclaimed fund requested even if the claim is not approved.
- To be eligible to receive a dividend or fund in a bankruptcy or a proposal, you must have filed a Proof of Claim with the trustee.
- Given how long it takes for bankruptcy and proposal proceedings, we recommend that you wait at least two years from the time the debtor has declared bankruptcy or made a proposal before checking the database.
- It can take up to 60 days to add new creditor listings to the database. Unclaimed funds are removed from the database only when payment has been authorized by the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB). Since the database is updated every Tuesday, authorized payments made within the past seven days may not be reflected in the database.
- This database contains a record of all unclaimed funds received by the OSB since April 1, 1994. To search for unclaimed funds prior to 1994, please contact us by telephone at 613-941-5766 or by email at email@example.com.
- The creditor-name field in the Unclaimed Funds Database reflects the creditor name as submitted by the trustee. If you cannot find your name, you may want to search for the debtor's name.
- Search fields are not case sensitive.
- The search will return the same results with or without French accent characters.
- A wild card character (*) can be used when you are not sure of the spelling to replace one or more unknown characters.
- All information in this database is presented in the language and form provided by the trustee.
Need more help?
Contact Customer Service at 613-941-5766.