The Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB) seeks comments from stakeholders on specific issues by launching consultations processes. Any open consultations are listed in the section below.
There are no open consultations at this time.
Ottawa, December 21, 2012—The OSB solicited comments from stakeholders on its draft “Overview of Trustee Professional Conduct Proceedings” and the related draft Directive No. 31, Procedure Governing Trustee Professional Conduct Proceedings.
Ottawa, September 20, 2012—As part of the review of insolvency counselling, the OSB solicited comments from stakeholders. The first phase of the insolvency counselling review was an evaluation that included two surveys (consumer debtors and trustees and qualified insolvency counsellors).
Ottawa, August 20, 2012 – The OSB solicited comments from stakeholders on the draft Trustee Electronic Recordkeeping (TERK) directive.
Ottawa, April 11, 2012 –The OSB solicited comments from stakeholders on Phase I of the implementation of the changes resulting from the Licensing Framework Review.
- Summary of Changes
- Draft Directive 13R4, Trustee Licensing
- Draft Appendix A, Licencing Process
- Draft Policy on Multi-Jurisdictional Licences
- Draft Policy on Reinstating a Licence that has Ceased to be Valid by Reason of the Trustee Becoming Bankrupt
Ottawa, June 4, 2010 – In order to maintain an efficient and effective regulatory framework, the OSB is revisiting the Trustee Licensing Regulatory Framework.
- Review of the Trustee Licensing Regulatory Framework (document for public consultation – June 4, 2010)
- Responses to the consultation
- Decision(July 12, 2011)
- Date modified: