Model of statutory declaration
Sample statutory declaration
In the matter of the Canada Business Corporations Act
In the matter of articles of amalgamation filed pursuant to section 185 in the name
I, of the City of in the Province of , DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE that:
- I am a director or officer of , an amalgamating corporation and I have personal knowledge of the matters herein deposed to.
- I am satisfied that there are reasonable grounds for believing that on the effective date of the amalgamation:
- each amalgamating corporation can and the amalgamated corporation will be able to pay its liabilities as they become due;
- the realizable value of the amalgamated corporation's assets will not be less than the aggregate of its liabilities and stated capital of all classes, and
- no creditor will be prejudiced by the amalgamation or that adequate notice has been given to all known creditors of the amalgamating corporation and no creditor objects to the amalgamation otherwise than on grounds that are frivolous or vexatious.
AND I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true, and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.
DECLARED before me
City of ,
in the Province of
this day of , 20
Commissioner for oaths
Director or Officer
- Date modified: