Instructions – Certificate of formation and memorandum of agreement
Item 1 – Name of the board of trade
In item 1a, indicate the name of your board of trade in one of the official languages. If the name of your board of trade is a combined English and French name, indicate that name in this item. The name must represent or reflect the district of the board of trade.
If applicable, indicate in item 1b the name of your board of trade in the second official language if the corporate name will consist of separate English and French versions. If the corporation does not wish to have a name in the second official language, leave this item blank.
- Separate English and French versions
- La Chambre de Commerce de New-Richmond
- The New Richmond Board of Trade
- Combined English and French version
- Chambre de Commerce de L'Ile Bizard Chamber of Commerce
- Chambre de Commerce d'ARGYLE Chamber of Commerce
Item 2 – Part of the Boards of Trade Act
Choose whether the board of trade is to be registered under Part I or Part II of BOTA. The differences between Parts I and II of the BOTA are available in Creating a Board of Trade.
Item 3 – Address of the headquarters
The headquarters address is the legal address of the board of trade and the usual place of meeting of the board of trade.
Indicate the street name and number, city, province or territory, and postal code.
The headquarters address cannot be a post office box. If you want correspondence to be sent to an address other than the address of the headquarters, please provide a mailing address in your cover letter.
Item 4 – Description of the district of the board of trade
- Indicate and describe the district for the board of trade (see Description of the district and the map). The description must match the district outlined on the map that is part of the application.
- Attach a map that matches the district described in this item.
“Please see the map” is not a sufficient description of the district.
Item 5 – Name of the Secretary of the board of trade
Indicate the first and last name of the Secretary of the board of trade.
Item 6 – Declaration of the members of the board of trade
A typed list of the first and last names of the 30 members of the board of trade is required with their profession or occupation. Each member is required to have signed the form next to their name.
This form must be signed by the Secretary of the board of trade and sworn before a commissioner of oaths, such as a lawyer or notary public.
- Date modified: