Instructions for completing Form 14 - Articles of Reorganization

You are providing information required by the Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA). Note that both the CBCA and the Privacy Act allow this information to be disclosed to the public. It will be stored in personal information bank number IC/PPU-049.

Item 3: Amendments to the Articles of Incorporation

  1. Set out the amendments to the articles of incorporation in accordance with the court order pursuant to section 191 of the Act. If an amendment involves a change of corporate name (including the addition of the English or French version of the corporate name), the new name must comply with sections 10 and 12 of the CBCA as well as part 2 of the regulations, and the Articles of Amendment must be accompanied by a Nuans name search report dated not more than ninety (90) days prior to the receipt of the articles by Corporations Canada. A numbered name may be assigned under subsection 11(2) of the CBCA without a Nuans name search report.

  2. Any amendment shall conform to and correspond to the paragraph and subparagraph references of the existing articles.

If the space available is insufficient, please attach a schedule to the form.

Item 4: Declaration

This form must be signed by a director or an authorized officer of the corporation.

What else to include

You are required to submit the following with your completed form:

  1. A copy of the court order
  2. Form 3 – Change of Registered Office Address, if there was a change in the registered office address
  3. Form 6 – Changes Regarding Directors, if there was a change regarding the directors
  4. A Nuans name search report if a change of corporate name is requested. A Nuans name search report is not required if a numbered name (for example, 123456 Canada Inc.) is requested
  5. the filing fee for amendment of articles

How to submit

File online: Online Filing Centre

By email:

By facsimile: 343-291-3409

By mail:
Corporations Canada
235 Queen Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5

For more information

  • Call 1-866-333-5556 (toll-free within Canada)
  • Call 1-613-941-9042 (from outside Canada).
Date modified: