Corporations Canada helps Canadians incorporate businesses, not-for-profit corporations and other corporate entities according to Canada's federal laws and regulations.
The mandate of Corporations Canada is to provide a regulatory climate that maintains order and fairness in the corporate law arena. This ensures greater certainty in the marketplace and creates a business environment that is supportive of innovation and economic growth, while providing protection to individual Canadians.
Corporations Canada's mission is to contribute to a positive business climate in Canada by:
- Maintaining and administering a modern corporate law framework
- Delivering timely, innovative, client-oriented products and services
Corporations Canada oversees the creation and compliance of federal corporations under:
- Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA)
- Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP)
- Canada Cooperatives Act (Coop Act)
- Boards of Trade Act (BOTA)
As well, it administrates:
It also issues official documents under the Great Seal of Canada.
Corporations Canada is aware of the public's concern around the rising cases of scams and other suspicious activities worldwide. Learn more on how you can protect your corporate information. See Corporations Canada's alerts to find out about current scam cases and what you can do to help report cases in the future.
Find out about what we do
Services and policies
- Services, fees and processing times
- Corporation key
- How to file and pay for an application
- Back-to-back requests
- Steps after submitting your application
- Remission Policy
- Being a registered intermediary
Publications and commitments
- Monthly transactions
- Service commitments
- Client satisfaction index (CSI)
- Public disclosure of corporate information
- 2020 Report on diversity
- 2020 Statistical report
- News, notices and consultations
- Email notices subscription and RSS feed subscription
- Discover the Canada Business app
We are looking for businesses and clients to provide feedback to shape future services. Join the research panel now!
- Date modified: