Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2001 – Province: Ontario
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
School: K. P. Manson Public School
1017 Graham Road
Severn Bridge, Ontario P0E 1N0
Principal: Jane Hughes
School Telephone: 705-689-2612
School Fax: 705-689-9372
School Website: www.tldsb.on.ca/schools/KPMansonPS/
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grades 7 and 8, all subjects except French and gym
- Learning takes place beyond the classroom.
- Teachers should be a role model for lifelong learning.
Introduces interesting projects and units of study using technology, Bloom's taxonomy, self-assessment and problem solving to create a stimulating learning environment for all students. Students participate in:
- Robotic Challenge, using Lego ROBOLAB program to design and program autonomous robots
- Canadian National Marsville Program, involving students of all abilities from across the country, building a Mars colony inside and outside of classroom time
- year-long dance unit, during which students learned dance styles from salsa to line dancing and presented evening performances to raise money for a class trip
- Confederation Conference, in which students dress in period costume and re-enact Confederation debates of the 1860s to improve their understanding of history and their communication skills and confidence.
Empowers fellow teachers to reach towards excellence:
- acts as resident technology expert, troubleshooting any and all computer problems
- wrote software for a district-wide report card comment generator
- develops workshops to assist new staff members, such as How to Conduct a Parent Interview
- initiates learning sessions to introduce new programs to fellow staff and helps implement them in school.
His amazing ability to make people learn effectively is what inspires me to go on with my education. Former student
I have always been impressed with Pete's appreciation of how technology programs enrich the classroom learning for students. Pete is always willing to experiment with new learning approaches. Student projects coordinator
- Date modified: