Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2001 – Province: Ontario
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
School: Richmond Rose Public School
160 Frank Endean Road
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4S 1S7
Principal: David Honsberger
School Telephone: 905-737-4311
School Fax: 905-737-3820
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grades 6-8, English, math, drama, social science, computers, dance
- Every student is capable of great success – all each needs is a push in the right direction.
- Every student can learn something from me and I can learn something from them.
- It takes a village to raise a child. Keep parents involved in their child's education.
Draws the most from students through rapport, creativity and belief in their abilities:
- weaves together curriculum elements from different subjects to create interesting, challenging assignments
- adapts teaching methods to accommodate special needs students, English as a second language students and different learning styles; achieves a 100 percent passing rate in her classes
- enters class in national Grade 8 Gauss Math Contest; students score above provincial average
- administers provincial reading assessments; all students improve over the year, with
80 percent finishing at or above provincial standards
- inspires students to develop strong leadership skills: students volunteer for extracurricular activities, join sports teams and assist with special events such as graduation and school assemblies
- incorporates information technology in teaching: students design interactive science Web page, learn to create informative and creative presentations for projects
- initiates Growth Plan for struggling students in consultation with other teachers and outside assessment when necessary; students improve with this personal attention.
Builds a personal connection with as many students as possible by being involved with several extracurricular activities, including coaching volleyball, producing a yearbook, and running the school talent show.
Ms. Fagg makes learning fun, even if it means she has to dance on a table to get our attention.
We leave at the end of the school day knowing that she cares and this makes us all feel special. Students
She welcomes the opportunity to work with students that some might consider 'difficult' and invariably meets with success because of the excellent rapport that she builds. Principal
- Date modified: