Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2001 – Province: Ontario
Certificate of Achievement Recipients
School: St. Mary's College
130 Wellington Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6A 2L5
Principal: Cindy Salituri
School Telephone: 705-945-5540
School Fax: 705-945-5561
School Website: netmary.hscdsb.on.ca
Grades/Subjects Taught: Grades 9 and 10, comprehensive arts, visual arts, French immersion
- Evoke passion and ownership for each project in the students.
- Provide students with achievable goals that will encourage them at each step to reach a little farther.
Spearheaded design of comprehensive arts program at school, combining four components (dance, drama, music and visual arts):
- exposes students to skills and knowledge in the arts
- allows each student to find and nurture his or her own creative flair and develops their poise and self-confidence.
Gave wings to fledgling French immersion program at school:
- developed interesting, engaging classroom activities
- integrated students' real life experiences into classroom material
- integrated religion, geography and art into French curriculum.
Brings faith to life for students using her extensive background in community theatre:
- has written, directed and produced several school liturgical celebrations
- sees worth and good in every student, and draws the best out of each
- students learn teamwork, time management as well as technical skills of acting and creating sets, costumes, lighting and other aspects of dramatic production.
Students' response is always positive. They flock to participate in her courses, and the school's Christian liturgies and drama presentations.
Jeannine is truly a nurturer of Canadians as they venture forth in our bilingual country to become valuable and committed citizens of tomorrow. School chaplain
The course she created opens a window of opportunity to all students who would like a taste of all the arts. Student
- Date modified: