Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Year: 2008 – Province: Alberta
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
School: Tevie Miller Heritage School Program
Principal: Kathy Dolby
School Telephone: 780-436-0465
School Fax: 780-436-0385
School Email: email@example.com
School Website: http://teviemillerheritage.epsb.ca
Subjects and Grades Taught: Grades 3 and 4
- Provides a nurturing environment that allows her students to grow in confidence and self-esteem.
- Embraces technology in the classroom because she believes her students need to know how to understand multimedia texts and to use technology to communicate.
- Students participated via video conference in "Read Around the Planet,"which brought students from different parts of the world together to read. In the spring of 2007.
- Mrs. Fermaniuk's students linked with students in Pennsylvania to co-operatively compose and publish a fairytale called "The Three Amigos."
- The class combined learning with community support by fund-raising for the Stollery's Children's Hospital in Edmonton and by becoming involved with a neighbouring seniors' centre. The students met the seniors monthly to play wheelchair volleyball, make cookies, read stories, sing Christmas carols and share their artwork.
"My daughter, for the first time in her young life, loves to go to school and excels in the positive environment that is molded by this one-in-a-million educator." Parent
"Mrs. Fermaniuk is the most extraordinary teacher that you will ever have the pleasure to meet. She demonstrates dedication to her profession by teaching to each of her student's unique needs, such as speech and language delays, behavioural problems, social skill issues and attention disorders." Speech-language pathologist
- Date modified: